The growing congregation is made up of people who come to worship from all areas of the city as well as many visitors who are staying in the city or passing by and students who join us in term-time while resident at the universities.
St Andrew's is the largest of the original four town parishes and, although smaller than it was, still contains within its boundaries:
- St James' Park - home of the famous Newcastle United Football Club - next door
- Eldon Square Shopping Centre
- Two hospitals
- The two universities
- The Hancock Museum
- The Theatre Royal and the Newcastle Playhouse
- Fenham Barracks
- The BBC Studios
- Three bus stations
- The Grainger Market and the Green Market
- St Thomas' Chapel, Barras Bridge.
So quite a varied parish!
There is lots of interesting work going on, especially with the people who flood into the Parish on a daily basis for work, leisure, special events and celebrations.